What do we want students to get out of the memoir unit? What are the most important things for students to leave this unit knowing? Your goals will vary based on your unique classroom needs, but here's a sample:
- Students will be able to define memoir and its identifying characteristics.
- Students will reflect on their lives, identifying important people, places, events, or objects that have shaped their evolving identities.
- Students will generate writing about memories and derive a theme or focus from their writing.
- Students will use their theme, or lens, to craft memoir.
- Students will write scenes with narrative tension.
- Students will revise their memoirs by reshaping the narrative and employing narrative craft strategies.
Introduction Next Resource